Executive Dining Guide.com is a web site dedicated to Executives, we look for:
- A Sense of Power and Wealth
- Proper Business Etiquette
- Dining Experience
- After Dining Experience
- Special Highlights
Our ratings of the restaurants consist of the following:
|CEO level dining experience
|President level dining experience|
|Vice President level dining experience|
|Director level dining experience|
|Mail Room level or unsatisfactory|
1. A Sense of Power and Wealth
- Does the restaurant have valet parking or readily available parking?
- If readily available parking, what type of cars are in the parking lot?
- How does the restaurant look as you enter?
- Old money, new money, stylish, understated elegance, welcoming?
- How are you greeted from the welcome station?
- Do they take the time to welcome and ask for your reservation?
- Do they give reservations?
- Is the greeting process professional or unprofessional?
- Does the maître d'hôtel give you respect and attention?
- Is the escort to the table done with the proper protocol?
- Does the maître d'hôtel give the host the opportunity to select the seating arrangement or just sits people anywhere?
2. Proper Business Etiquette
- Is the table quiet enough to conduct business?
- Are there special tables for conducting business?
- If you want to be seen, can you be?
- If you want to be private, can you be?
- Are there definitely tables geared to the executive?
- Are the servers and buss staff professional or part time workers?
- Do the servers know the menu and the ingredients for each course?
- Is there an executive atmosphere while sitting at the table?
- Is the arrangement of the table, flatware, centerpiece, napkins and white tablecloth correct from a protocol standpoint?
- Looking around, are there executive dinners?
- Looking around, is the dress of the dinners appropriate for executives?
3. Dining Experience
- Is the wine list extensive, reasonably priced, geared to the restaurant food?
- Is the wine presented properly?
- Are the wine glasses proper?
- Are the ingredients of the food high quality?
- Is the taste average, good or exceptional?
- Is the presentation average, good or exceptional?
- Was the food served properly?
- Did they bring more bread, water without asking?
- Were the dirty plates, glasses taken away properly?
- Was the timing correct on each serving?
4. After Dining Experience
- Is the after dinner drink list, appropriate for the executive?
- Was there a smoking area with a proper cigar selection available?
- Was the check presented to the host correctly?
- Was the cost of the meal appropriate?
- Did the staff make the appropriate gestures of thank you and goodbye?
5. Special Highlights
- General comments and highlights about the restaurant that would be of interest to the executive.